These days, appearances have achieved quite significance in our lives. It is our utmost goal to look good and in shape all the time. In order to achieve the desires body measurements, most of us succumb to the clichéd concept of dieting.
There are times when all the dieting and workouts don’t really pay off. You are doing all you can to shed that extra layer of fat, but it is just not working out. Well, don’t stress out. If you are facing such a dilemma, I suggest you have a keen look at your diet plan. It is often that people start following diet charts which are more of a trap.
If you have ever fallen off the wagon then you would know what I am talking about. No problem even if you lack knowledge regarding the subject. Read this article to know 10 of the most common diet traps and some useful tips on how you could avoid them.
- Not having a goal is one of the major problems. If you don’t set a target, you wouldn’t precisely know how much you are aiming to lose. So, it is recommended that you set an effective and reasonable goal. This way, you will know how much hard work you have to put in to get your desired results.
- Eating large portions at long time intervals doesn’t really help. To lose weight at a faster pace, I would suggest you eat small portions at a time gap of 3 to 4 hours. Never get too hungry or you will end up eating more.
- While dieting, sometimes your laziness gets the better of you and you don’t keep a track of your daily calorie intake. Always keep a regular check of how much calories you consume per day.
- Don’t miss out your meals. You often assume that if you will eat less then you will ultimately gain less. That’s not the case, though. If you starve yourself, you end up getting way too hungry and eat more and unhealthy food at the end.
- People often cut back on their snacking routine when they are intending to lose weight. It is not good for your health as these snacks help in maintaining body’s energy and sugar level. It is thus advised that you have snacks which are high in fibre and protein content.
- People often tend to think that their drinks won’t have high calorie content. That’s not true. Sometimes, even an orange juice’s glass contains up to 100 calories. So keep a record of what you drink and how many calories it has.
- During dieting you often consume fewer vitamins. It is hazardous for your health as vitamins provide you with all the energy that is required to go through your day and workout. However, don’t forget to take vitamin supplements to boost up your energy levels.
- You are fooled into thinking that diet soda is good for weight loss. How false it is! These diet drinks actually make you consume more food. So, instead of diet coke, go for juices or water to lose your calories.
- When you are dieting, you conclude that only eating less would do the trick. But if you aim to reduce your pounds, it is mandatory that you workout. Doing workout 30 minutes per day and 5 days a week is required to lose weight.
- We think salads are good for losing kilos. It is true, too. But these days, with the fattening dressings and toppings, your salad diet blows up pretty bad. Hence, I would advise you to keep your salads simple and green. Don’t go for all the fancy toppings as they are not helping to reduce weight.