Belly fat is the most hideous obstacle in your path to a sleeker physique. You might want to wear your favorite outfit to a party, but you can’t do so, the reason being that you have consumed too many baskets of tortilla chips or drank too many cans of soda pop. That huge blob of fat hanging over your waistline is not just unattractive in looks, but also causes physical discomfort and health complications.
image credit: flickr
To avoid such situations, or to get out of such an embarrassing physical state, here are 10 tips effective tips for a flat stomach:
[Read also: 10 Proven and Popular Weight Loss Supplements]
- Avoid constipation: Low consumption of fiber, water, less physical activities, or a mixture of these conditions can lead to constipation, which in turn leads to a bloated stomach. Constipation can be avoided by eating foods that are rich in fibers, such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, seeds, and nuts. In addition, water intake should be increased and maintained at 6 to 8 glasses per day. Apart from this, strenuous exercises should be performed for at least 15 minutes a day.
- Rule out allergies and intolerances: Food allergies can also lead to a curvier stomach. The most common types are wheat allergy and lactose intolerance. However, you should not begin predicting on your own and amend your dietary habits. Consulting a doctor is the best choice as they can guide you better about your problem, and may treat you naturally after diagnosing you, merely by making amendments in your dietary habits.
- Chew properly: People often eat in a hurry and simply swallow large bites of food rather than chewing properly. This leads to indigestion and bloating. Every regular meal should take at least 15 to 20 minutes to get down with, even though 30 minutes is considered to be the optimum time. A study states that chewing slow adds more satisfaction to your meal, and you might eat less.
- Avoid carbonated drinks: The fizzy carbon dioxide in carbonated drinks, end even diet categories of those drinks, causes gas to be trapped in your stomach. As an alternative to these drinks, you can take water, peppermint tea, or simply reduce the number of soda pops you drink every day.
- Avoid chewing gum: This leads to high air intakes that may lead to bloating and eventually to a round belly if your habit of chewing gum persists for quite a while. If you feel the urge to chew gum, try sucking on a hard candy or consume healthy snacks, high-fiber fruits and vegetables, or low-fat popcorn.
- Limit sugar intake: Many people suffer from fat over their bellies because they consume excessive quantities of sugar-laden foods and drinks. This sugar converts into fats and forms a layer over their abdomen. It is recommended not to consume more than 3 small servings of artificially sweetened products per day. Alternatively, one should switch to low-carb, low-fat diets that are rich in proteins and fibers.
- Eat smaller meals: Once you consume a large meal, it fills up your stomach and does not leave enough space for proper digestion. On the other hand, consuming smaller meals more often is healthy for your body. It will maintain your energy level at a constant level throughout the day, and will help control your blood sugar level. Over the time, you will develop self-control over your hunger. Smaller meals ensure that you don’t store excessive fats that lead to flabbier bellies.
- Do not rush with gassy foods: Beans are quite famous for their gassy effect. Just like beans, the cruciferous class of vegetables, that includes broccoli and cauliflower, also give a gassy feeling. However, these foods are healthy and rich in fibers, so instead of completely eliminating them from your diet, consume lesser amounts and gradually increase your intake of such foodstuffs. For another choice, you can take an anti-gas medication if you eat vegetables and beans.
- Consume anti-bloating foods/drinks: Foods that contain ‘good bacteria’ can help you avoid bloating and accommodate you with a flatter tummy. For example, ginger, pineapple, peppermint tea, yogurts, and parsley contain probiotics (good bacteria). Therefore, these foods help de-bloat your stomach.
- Exercise regularly: Exercising is one of the best ways to keep your belly from expanding. You can also reduce your waistlines if you exercise habitually. Cardio exercises are considered to be the best, not only for your stomach, but also for your whole body. Even jogging for half an hour every day is a good way to keep your waistline under control. Strengthening and toning your abdominal muscles can give you a slimmer, firmer look, and enhance your appearance and posture.
[Read also: Say Goodbye To Fat With These Amazing Foods]