Weight loss – does this ring a bell? I can say this with certainty that it does. After all, come on, which one of us hasn’t tried at one time or the other to lose weight, because let’s face it, there’s no other enemy of a human being like that excess fatty layer or pounds.
When a discussion regarding the weight loss is stirred, every other person has their own take on it. You get to hear thousands of different weight loss tips by thousands of different people. Some suggest that eating once a day is the key; others suggest not eating after 7pm does the trick for you. I am sure you can totally relate to this experience of being bombarded by weight loss tips given by people who claim for them to work (not a very pleasant experience, I tell you).
But do all the numerous weight loss tips we get to hear or read every now and then actually work; are they even any good? Well, one can’t really say anything concerning them for sure. But you know what does work for real? The 15 amazing tips written below for losing weight. These tips are really helpful and if you apply them in your life, you will see the positive results for yourself.
- Don’t get so hungry. Plan out your meals and eat on time rather than starving yourself and later, ending up eat more and unhealthy food.
- Drink lots and lots of water. Water keeps your stomach full and allows you to eat only a limited quantity of food. Plus, it is excellent for your skin as well.
- Don’t fall in the trap that diet sodas will help in weight reduction. As suggested by recent studies, they do quite the opposite actually. Artificial sweeteners disturb the body’s calorie intake, resulting in us eating more as our body believes that we are having sugar.
- Eat slowly. Take your time in chewing every bite. Swift eaters are normally bulkier then the slow ones.
- Have a low calorie veggie soup before eating your major meals. They aid you in consuming 20% less calories.
- Say no to elastic waistbands. Wear clothes that fit you well as they will be a fair reminder to alert you when to stop eating.
- Get a grip on your hunger hormone, ghrelin, which takes its toll after every 3 or 4 hours. You can keep it in control by eating small, balance meals at an interval of about 3 hours.
- It is mandatory to get sufficient sleep. Lack of sleep is often responsible for the unhealthy weight gain.
- I know you love coffee but if you are serious about losing weight then it is essential that you cut back on your caffeine intake.
- Keep a track record of what you eat, when you eat, and how much you eat. It can be helpful in knowing your eating patterns and regulating them.
- Go for moderate intensity workouts as they will limit you right post-workout meals. When you exercise more, you end up eating more.
- Have green tea after every major meal.
- Consume more fat burning food, like apples, pears, beans, etc.
- Don’t eat while watching TV because that way, you end up eating more than you intend to.
- Enhance your fiber intake. It helps in absorbing more water and keeping your stomach satisfied.