It has been advised by the elder ones, be it parents, doctors or fitness trainers that if you desire to stay healthy and in shape then it’s highly recommended you give walking a stable spot in your daily routine. We, sticking to our typical human nature, tend to ignore all these advices and continue lazing our days away. Instead of actually walking on daily basis, we procrastinate, proving our laziness on a whole new level.
Well, let me brief you about some advantages of walking daily for an hour. It’s probable that you might have heard or read these before, but overlooked them. Thus, a little revision of them will be motivating enough to get you off that couch and get going.
image credit: flickr
Listed underneath are the top most benefits we can gain from walking regularly:
- It is the convenient most method to stay fit. No matter how busy your life is, taking a regular dose of physical activity, such as walking, will maintain your health.
- It toughens up our heart. Walking reduces the cholesterol levels in our body and makes us lesser prone to cardiovascular diseases, ensuing in a durable heart.
- Walking results in a strong heart, which ultimately enables a smooth circulation of blood around our body.
- It strengthens our muscles.
- It strengthens our lungs. Strong lungs ensure proper breathing and a healthy breathing system; transporting oxygen in and out of our body much efficiently.
- Walking plays a vital role in weight loss as well. Now, exercise is a significant portion of weight losing routine, too, but its basic purpose is to tone the body. However, walking regularly is the mainly responsible for killing those little monsters, namely calories.
- Walking is resultant in an improved BMI(body mass index)
- Habitual walk regulates blood pressure in people suffering from diabetes. Physical activity allows muscle cells to consume excess glucose stored in out body. It improves blood sugar levels by effective utilization of insulin.
- It protects our body against diseases like kidney failure, heart attack and stroke by lowering our blood pressure to an optimum level.
- It reduces the symptoms and risk of having cancer. How is that so? Walking provides carcinogens existing in our food with lesser time to come intact with the intestinal lining. This consequentially reduces the risk of cancer.
- Our body undergoes numerous changes during pregnancy; it is the most vulnerable stage of a woman’s life. During this phase, walking daily will protect you from a miscarriage and save you from a physical and emotional trauma.
- Walking, by enabling proficient blood flow and efficient transportation of oxygen to our brain, enhances our brainpower. It leads to better functioning of our brain.
- Walking not only is advantageous for your body but your mind as well. It helps in relieving stress and anxiety, and decreases depression.
- It adds up years in our lives. Research says that walking for half an hour daily increases our lifespan by 1.3 years.
- Walking makes our bones stronger and maintains healthy joints, keeping us from catching diseases like arthritis.
- Walking guarantees a hale and hearty sexual health, too.
- It helps in toning your legs and trim downs butt fat – which is else wise considered a task too tough.
- Morning walk boosts up your body’s Vitamin D levels as well.
- It serves as an anti-depressant and aids in lifting your spirits; it results in a happier version of you.
[read Also: How to lower High Blood Pressure Immediately at Home]