You may have heard people saying that they want to lose weight. Or that they are on strict diet plans. Have you ever heard anyone saying “I want to gain weight!”. That’s right. Those people do exist. It may be to look perkier, or to fit into a gorgeous dress or just for self-satisfaction.
Let’s first focus on why some people cannot gain weight regardless of how much they eat. Sometimes your diet may not be the factor that’s responsible for the fat. Maybe it’s your parents. That’s right. Genetic makeup alters the tendency of body to gather fat in the tummy. Look at your family? Do they also have to battle against unwanted thin bodies? If the answer is in affirmative, then your genes are the culprit. Well you don’t need to worry; it can be still battled against. Make changes in your day to day routine to increase your fat.
It may seem impossible. It may seem like a dream that won’t come true. But here are some tips that may act as a magic trick to increase weight:
- Increased eating: The most obvious way of increasing weight is to eat more. You should take three full meals in the day including breakfast, lunch and dinner coupled with snacks in between. Devour an additional 500 calories per day which may increase your weight per pound a day. Make sure you eat food that is both high in calories and is nutritionally healthy. If you eat too much junk, you might end up with more health problems.
- Fattening food items: Eat food items that are more likely to induce fat in your adipose tissues. E.g you can eat butter in moderation, tuna fish is not only tasty but adds to weight, whole wheat bread can pack a few pounds and so can cheese. Yummier treats include oatmeal breakfasts and yoghurts. All these items will boost your weight gain routine. Go for hearty cream soups instead of broth-based soups. Spreading appealing calorie-rich coatings on toast and any other carbohydrates is an exceptional way to increase caloric intake. Starch fruits are preferable to water-rich fruits and so are vegetables.
- Supplements: After consultation, you can have intake of supplements that have weight gaining effects. If you suffer from a disease that causes weight loss, there are medicines to help you overcome this symptom. One such supplement is whey protein powder.
- Quit smoking: Smoking can be harmful to you since it suppresses your appetite and stimulates your brain. The more you smoke, the lesser tendency you have towards eating. If you want fat in your body, you need to remove smoking for your routine.
- Ample sleep: Resting is a necessity of our working bodies. If you don’t get enough sleep in a day it will slow down your metabolism, leading to tiredness and eventually weakness. One another benefit is that when you’re sleeping your body is building up muscle. Now you have an excuse to sleep for long.
- Reduced stress: Elevated stress levels can cause your body to go through physical changes. These include depression and loss of appetite. The lesser you eat is the lesser you gain weight. Moreover, stress is known to reduce body fat uptake and utilization.
- Exercise: For a healthy body, you need to exercise on a regular basis. It is thought that exercise is only to burn off fat but that’s not the case. Exercise makes your body tougher by making your muscles more firm and toning your body curves. Weights, force reps and stretch bands are most effective tools to body firmness and muscle build up.
- Consult a doctor: Before you act on your own, you need to get medical assistance. A doctor will have routine examinations of your body as well as guide you better on ways to gain weight.
You know what they say: Where there’s a will there’s a way. So act from today and see how many changes you can bring in your physique and lifestyle if you stay determined.