image: flickr under (CC BY-ND 2.0)
The most common disorder of blood in which the number of red blood cells (RBC’s) is less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin in blood is called anemia. The causes can be different but for any cure to be effective and efficient, the root cause to it shall be dealt with.
To stimulate growth, maintain life and produce energy the most vital source for the cells’ survival is food. According to a survey the people who are most exposed to anemia are those who do not take their diet in a proper manner. Sometimes a medical condition of a person requires him to take excess of food for example pregnant woman.
Anemia is a disorder which is common and difficult to detect. A person may look like a skeleton but would be healthy and strong. Likewise a person looking healthy may have this disease growing inside him. Some common symptoms to anemia are:
- Pale color tone
- Clear looking eye lids
- Having a feeling of being tired and weak all the time
- Low energy level
- Difficulty in concentration
- Low Blood pressure at times
- Nausea and headache
These are the clear symptoms to alarm you for seeking medical assistance if you are facing any of the above.
This article will help you to give some guidelines to cure the disease by taking an appropriate diet. Let the doctor do his work but take proper balanced and healthy diet as a do it yourself treatment.
The best way is to take as much nutritional and balanced diet as possible. It will provide you with the correct amount of vitamins and nutrients. Avoid excessive quantity of aspirin and alcohol because it leads to the lesser iron absorption in body. Tea is also meant to be avoided for the same reason.
Iron supplements are recommended by the health care provider. You shall focus on fulfilling the iron and other nutrients deficiency by the natural food. To prevent iron deficiency the natural food includes:
- Fresh organic milk
- Pomegranate, the richest source of nutrients for the people having deficiency of blood cells
- Sesame seed, these shall be taken after and before every meal. These are highly recommended even to healthy people.
- Black grapes, again one of the richest source of nutrients
- Ghee and butter, but stay careful about the cholesterol level
- Yogurt, yummiest solution specially when flavored
Other than these, meat lovers can get their treatment done with delicious medicines including:
- Beef liver, what about having it with lemon and black pepper? Appetizing right?
- Mutton liver, grilled will be mouth watering no?
- Chicken soup, okay so we have a snack too.
Those who are a little towards maintaining their figure shall opt for vegetables to treat anemia which includes:
- Cabbage, lovely ingredient for a salad
- Turnip greens
- Include every leafy green vegetable in the list.
Along with it when you want to have some snacks then eat some delicious and crunchy walnuts, raisins and peanuts as a food MEDICINE. Great deal isn’t it? All you have to do is EAT.
Some other good resources related to “Foods to help Prevent Anemia“
- Iron-rich foods to prevent anemia could lower dementia risk
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Iron-Rich Foods
- Top 15 Superfoods To Combat Anemia