Of many normal skin conditions, pimples are one which affects a lot of people. Some people get so many pimples while others once in a blue moon. However, one thing remains common that it makes people miserable. Why, because it effects their appearance. Pimples leave marks on face, neck, shoulder or where ever they occurs which later leads to acne.
Pimples appear usually on oily skin. These are actually the inflammation of skin in which the sebaceous glands, commonly known as oil glands, gets infected by bacteria, swell up and gets filled with pus. The main cause behind getting pimples is the secretion of excess sebum by the glands.
Getting pimples is not a very serious or critical condition but since it affects a person’s appearance so people want to get rid of them as quickly as possible. Out in the market you will find loads of lotion and medicines to cure pimples. They are no doubt effective but take a lot of time to show results. However, on the other hand are natural methods which help you out in getting rid of pimple in no time.
So, let’s have a look at several natural cures for pimples which are not only effective but cost friendly too.
- Ice. It freezes the skin pores and cleans oil and dirt from skin. Wrap either an ice cube or crushed ice in a piece of cloth and hold it on the affected area of your skin. Keep it there for a while. Wait for few minutes and repeat. If done consistently, it will surely help reduce inflammation and swelling.
- Lemon. Lemons are rich in vitamin C which aids in drying pimples quickly. Soak cotton in fresh lemon juice and apply it on the pimple before sleeping. The other way is to make a paste of lemon juice and cinnamon powder. Apply it before going to bed and wash it with lukewarm water in the morning. People with sensitive skin should not try this.
- Honey. It is a natural antibiotic which reduces swelling and inflammation caused by pimples. Dip cotton in honey and apply on pimples. Let it remain for half an hour and then wash with lukewarm water.
- Toothpaste. Using toothpaste can show much more effective result if applied after ice remedy. Before going to bed, apply toothpaste on the pimple. Wash it the next morning and you will see difference in swelling.
- Steam. When you have pimples, steam works wonderfully to cure it. It lets the skin to breathe, open pores and gets rid of dirt, oil and bacteria. This application will also give you a glowing skin.
- Garlic. It is an antiviral, antifungal, antioxidant and antiseptic. The sulfur in it makes healing of pimples quick. Rub garlic cloves on your skin where there are pimples. After 5 minutes wash with lukewarm water. Repeat this practice several times a day.
- Baking soda. People with sensitive skin should make use of baking soda to cure pimples since it does not cause any irritation. Make a paste by mixing baking soda with lemon juice or water. Apply it on skin for a few minutes only or it will cause dryness. Wash your face with lukewarm water.
These natural cures for pimples will make your skin glow again. Say goodbye to pimples with these effective remedies.