You know what they say; if you want to feel good? Look marvelous. A man’s best friend is the faithful dog but a woman’s best friend is certainly her makeup kit. But there are some issues that even makeup can’t resolve. And even aggravate the issue. Did you just makeup to a pimple on your face? Or are you constantly worried about your dark spots? You’re probably too embarrassed to go outside and face the world. Moreover, the shattered self-confidence still hurts.
image credit: flickr
Skin is the most sensitive part of your body. It is easily affected by both external and internal factors. External factors may include your diet. Lots of fatty and sugary food intake will make you get pimples. So will overexposure to the sun’s detrimental rays. Internal factors may include physiological body changes, hormonal imbalances as well as stress and mental pressure. Together, these factors join hands to yield that little pimple you’re screaming about.
[Read also: A Girl’s Guide To Flawless Skin]
However, there are ways to get rid of these pimples as well as dark spots sitting at home. Here are some possible methodologies:
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is a bleaching agent. Vitamin C really helps your scars and lemons are rich in it. Use a lemon peel on your scars; it may irritate you at first but keep doing it. Over time you will see obvious reduction and lightening of your dark spots.
- Baking Soda paste: Baking soda can be used as a scrub for your face. Use water to make a paste like solution of baking soda. Apply it to your face and leave for a few minutes before rinsing.
- Aloe Vera: This works like magic at your skin. Aloe Vera helps to fight off dead cells and a new layer of cells emerges from beneath. These are fresh, and not spotted.
- Olive oil: Take a bit of olive oil and rub your palms to make it warm. Rub on your acne scars for a number of minutes. This will moisturize your skin and make it look softer. Moreover, your skin starts glowing.
- Diet plans: To reduce your dark spots you need to consume food items that have high dosage of Vitamin C and Vitamin E. The former comprises of all citrus fruits and juices whereas the latter can be found in spinach, tofu, nuts etc.
[Read also: 5 reasons why do we need to exfoliate skin]
- Tea tree oil: Apply a bit of tea tree oil to your pimple. You will notice immediate reduction in the inflammation. And the pimple shall disappear soon.
- Honey: Honey contains potassium. Potassium is like poison to bacteria which reside inside the pimple. Once they’re dead, the pimple soon vanishes too.
- Glycerine: This will moisturize your skin and make it shine. If you use glycerine soaps this will be more beneficial as they wash off the infection and don’t let the dirt settle in.
- Ice: It helps in improving blood circulation of the body that removes all the oil in the skin there. Moreover, it will reduce the inflammation considerably.
- Diet plans: Zinc is another popular home remedy for acne. Zinc has shown its effectiveness in cleansing your skin off unnecessary oils and dirt particles.
As we see, all these remedies are found in the comfort of our own home. You don’t need to spend lots of money, use expensive creams that have side effects or pop out the pimples painfully. Try these out, you’ll surely be amazed.